Question: What is your purpose and passion in life? At this point, what goals have you or will you set to fulfil your purpose and passion?
First, my purpose and passion in life; I have got to admit that I’m not a good student academically. To tell the truth, I’ve never wanted to further my studies after my 3 years in poly. I know that I can do well if I put my heart into things; I know I can score well if I worked hard. But, it’s just that somehow along the way; I’ve lost interest in studies altogether.
All my life, I’ve been performing, been dancing. Though I used to achieve fantastic grades in school, even sometimes when I’m not putting in much effort, looking at teacher’s praises just doesn’t excite me as much anymore. I knew, I expected more of myself.
Soon, I began to find thrills onstage, the nervous-attacks I get moments before I go into the limelight, the audiences claps as confirmations to my heart, effort and sweat being paid off. Too many a time, I found myself tearing in joy after a show well-done. This kind of anticipation for attention soon became an addiction.
Days, months and years; the craving for such emotional rides amplified ten-fold. I wanted something else, something more. I dreamt a dream, I wanted to open up my own studio, coach my own students. I want to be part of the future generation’s moulding for a greater good. I want to help them realise their own dreams like how my instructor helped fulfilled mine.
Throughout my journey of making my dream come true, I’m glad that I met a few good souls that aided me in the process. To this day, I have already taught my own class, worked in studio, performed at the largest platform in Singapore, Esplanade. I know how things work before the audiences’ eyes and the going on behind the scenes.
But no, my hunger for satisfaction doesn’t end just here. I am going to have my own studio set up in Malaysia. The market there is bigger, and the scene is raw. If I’m able to make it to that point, I’ll die a happy death.
Hah! Told ya, I can be good if I wanna.
-Pictures from d class to be up soon, because I HAVENT GOTTEN THEM YET!
No comments:
Post a Comment