Friday, July 12, 2013

Lights will guide me home.

Dreams vs Reality.
I think this has always been an internal battle for everyone. Some people choose to go all out and follow their dreams. Others, they get suck into this 'reality' thing. Sometimes I look at people, I wonder if they are happy with their lives. I wonder if 18year old them would be proud of who they turn out to be.

Myself.
If you told me when I was 18 that 5years later, I won't get a stable income and I'm still earning through performing. Damn, I'll be so shock. Along the years, I've conformed to the idea that people have to work in a puny cubicle. When I was younger, I wanted to be so many things. As I grow up, the ideas started to fade away. Gradually, I don't even recall what I wanted to be. Now, I don't even know if I did 3 year old me proud.

Never once, did I regret what I've done.

I can say it loud and say it proud, I'm happy. I know of a lot of  'I-should-have-done'-people. They are in secure jobs, stable income. But no, they are not happy. Have we been molded into this society thinking we should forgo our dreams to lead life realistically? Is it wrong to be genuinely happy and take pride in what you do? I don't know man, I don't know.

I've been stuck at this cross junction for the longest time. Do I just secure a job that makes me do things I really don't like to do? Or do I still chase with the little flame that's left. I loved Dance. And I forgot how much I love it. While being busy at the different jobs that I have, Dance took the backseat. I wanna get back dancing so badly. I forgot how young, wild, and free it made me to be.

Baby steps are steps too.

No comments: