Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Real Steel.


I know I've been about a week late in catching the movie since it made it's way up onto the silver screen. But hey! I finally caught it yesterday! At first glance, I thought it's just gonna be like some other lame ass robotic fights despite the rave over it on my FB homepage. I finally changed my perception of it when THREE different guy friends told me they teared. Being a tear-jerker addict, I decided to give it a try.

And boy was I surprised! It's beyond the robotics, there's characters in the movie. There are emotions and thoughts in it. I was like a lil girl, sitting in my own seat, dissolving in to a puddle of tears when Max (played by Dakota Goyo) said "All I ever wanted was for you to fight for me!" to his birth dad. Of course Max's puppy eyes didn't help abit. The plot went way beyond robots, there's family ties, there's fatherly love.

My movie of the year.

And I was talking to someone about the movie. We both admitted we teared during the show and was talking about how some people don't have emotions while watching shows. Personally, I'm that much of a softie for movies. I cry during happy moments and sad moments. I cry when there's funeral scenes, hospital scenes or people saying goodbyes. Sometimes I hate being such a softie. People always exploit my weakness and turn it into their advantage.

I learned to toughen up. Learned to say No. But I don't like leaving people feeling disappointed. They say I'm a heartbreaker. Who are these heartbreaks really? Where do we come from? We came from having our own hearts broken before. I hate making certain decisions, especially those leaving others feeling like, blah.

This is how it goes I guess. I rather be termed as a heartbreaker than having mine broken, again.

No comments: