Monday, October 17, 2011

Just Once.



I did my best
But I guess my best wasn't good enough
'Cause here we are back to where we were before
Seems nothing ever changes
We're back to being strangers
Wondering if we ought to stay
Or head on out the door


Just once; Can we figure out what we keep doing wrong?
Why we never last for very long.
What are we doing wrong?
Just once; Can we find a way to finally make it right?
Make the magic last
for more than just one night
If we could just get to it
I know we could break through it

I gave my all
But I think my all may have been too much
'Cause Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems we're always blowing whatever we've got going
And seems at times
with all we've got
we haven't got a prayer

Just once; I want to understand
Why it always comes back to goodbye
Why can't we give ourselves a hand?
And admit to one another
We're no good without the other
Take the best and make it better
Find a way to stay together

Just once; Can't we find a way to finally make it right?
Woh, make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we can break through it
If we could just get to it
Just once

Woh, we could get to it
Just once.




Just once, I wanna live my life like it's mine.
Not for another person, not under people's opinion of who I should be. Just once, I don't want people to tell me what I wanna do in life, what should I be doing, who do I become. I know I made plenty of mistakes back, I'm doing it to rectify. But don't rush me. I am who I am, I'm going at the pace I wanna go.

Just once, I wanna let my loved ones feel proud of me.
I want them to beam with pride and say things like, when I used to know her, she was (bad comments), now she's (wonderful life stories). I want everyone to feel like, I'm a friend worth having. I want all of you dolls to know that I'll be down for you, whenever, where ever. I'm always that same 8digits away.

Just once, I wanna forgo everything from the past.
I'm done with being reminded of every single thing, where ever I go. I dont wanna go to all sorts of places and ask myself, what would it be like to have someone by my side like how I used to. I don't wanna go on shopping trips and imagine myself shopping for another person and how he'll react to it.

Just once, I don't wanna fugging rush into a relationship just because.
Where did all the old school romance, first-dates anxiety, and calling just to say hello go? I know times are moving fast, we all text nowadays, it wouldn't hurt to just leave a call right? And oh, believe me on it, all girls LOVE it. Unless you're being a prick and they're irritated by you la of course. There's nothing such as going with the flow. If you're not gonna ask, Imma take it as we're just dating, no forms of commitments are expected. Boys, please don't say things like 'you spend more time with your girlfs than me' WELL HELLO, they were there before, current and after. What you talking bout?

Just once, let me have a taste of how it's like.
To have someone who cares for you enough to look beyond the flaws, get to know you better from inside out. Before passing a judgment on what kinda girl you might be.

All these, Just once.
Please.

No comments: