What is in a Reunion Dinner?
It is usually held on the eve of the Chinese New Year. A day where the whole family gather together and have a sumptuous dinner, typically a steamboat. It saves the hassle of cooking fo' big families and everyone can enjoy the process of cooking together. Of course, not forgetting it's supposed to be a joyous affair and everyone must enjoy.
This year, the eve of CNY is this coming Sunday, 25th Jan. But my immediate family had our reunion dinner today. 3 days early. It was all good. Preparation, food variety, conversation topics, to the cleaning up of everything.
All but one. My dad wasn't around, he's out working.
And when he's back and sat down with us, they started all right there. Right during our reunion dinner. Well done both of you. Well done. You can't believe how much emotions I felt during that 2 hours. Happy, bored, confused, angry, speechless.
How far would you go to achieve the things you want?
I gotta sleep now, have to reach Punggol at 8AM tomorrow.
I don't even wake up that early fo' school. Good luck to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment