Saturday, October 13, 2012

Friends vs Change.

Friends.

Close friends. I'm sure everyone would have a couple of them who might take a bullet for you. Or so you think. Honestly, through my years of growing up, I learned not to have so much trust in people. Generally speaking. The trick is to start from ground 0, so if good things happen it'll be a surprise and when shit happens, it's expected. Of course I know how much easier it is being said than done.

Ask yourself, have you not been let down by friends you thought you could depend your life on?

It sucked, big time. From that day on, I never wanna let myself be in that compromised position again. Ever. A lot of people deems 'Friendship' as one of the more important aspect in life. I don't disagree. Friends are important, but be mindful of how much you are willing to put into a friendship. Not everyone is as selfless, not everyone is as kind-hearted. Don't get me wrong, friends play a HUGE part in my life, and there is still a lot of things I would do for them despite all the let downs. Why don't I feel as painful when they don't return the favor? Because I learned not to fcuking expect it.

Kids who are bullied when they are younger tend to value friendships way more than the 'popular kids'. Such bullied kids would categorize the handful of people that helped/talked to them as friends for life. Face it, people grow up. Things will change.

You know they say on average when you're in a relationship, you'll lose an average of 2 good friends. Bullshit. You dont lose friends. You just contact lesser, that's all. I've got best of friends that meet up less than once per month and we get along like we see each other everyday. True friends are not gauged by the amount of time you see each other.

Actually, a big part of my time now are spent with the boy. I contact my friends lesser, true. But I still have them on my mind. The way it always has been. With my boy, he is the strongest person I ever known. He is my pillar of strength, my emotional support and carries me around. Both in his heart and physically. I tell him everything. I guess this is where the 'losing' of friends begins. You already updated your partner, so you don't see the need to repeat your story to another person if it is not important enough.

Ahh, this must be it.

Luckily, my closer friends and boo can get along just fine. We do mass hang outs and overseas trips. I've gotten closer to his friends too. Tyron & Meichin are gems. I'm starting to see that we don't lose friends. It's not about being unable to accpet that friends disappoint. It's more of the fact that we can't accept change. For me, I have an uncanny gift in being able to adapt to any circumstances. Changes happen around me way too often. If I'm not quick on my feet, I'll be crushed.


I think I started this post with a topic way off. Still, I think it's a good takeaway from the ready.
Learn to adapt to changes, or you'll be crushed too. ;)

No comments: