Seriously, what the shit is this. I read about the F.crash on facebook, and honestly till now, I don't even need to browse thru' the papers to find out what's written. I wasn't even gonna talk 'bout this shit. It's getting too much. I mean what the fuck, I haven't seen as much news articles posted on facebook in 5 years than I have in the past 3days.
1. Ma Chi caused the tragedy.
No arguement 'bout that, as seen from many videos posted, and thank god for this technology. The cab just started moving off upon the light turning green, and got into an accident. Fact. Cars going straight have the right of way. And considering that the light just turned green, meaning the traffic lights for the adjacent road have already turned red. THEN, please use some common sense. How can the cab cause the accident?
2. Tabloids portrayed the wrong image/story/whatever shit.
That's what tabloids do! There's no point getting angry and start talking about it. Because, all they want is publicity, and they are getting just that! You think they give a shit about who is the real victim? Come on, wake up guys, they just want a really good story and all this commotion is in their favor. PRECISELY they know what triggers us locals, all the more they will write against it. Think of it this way, if they were to have a story saying how a PRC caused an accident, would it be as talked about as how the PRC is a victim when he's clearly in the wrong? No. So, let them be. Videos are already up, people would judge for themselves.
3. Whoever caused the tragedy, it would still be a commotion.
Right now, it's a PRC against locals issue. Now, we switch the characters, what if both drivers are locals? It would be a rich vs poor. What if it's both PRC drivers? Probably it'll be a 'they deserve it'. What is this shit man. An accident is an accident, no want would want it to happen. True that it could be avoided if MC wasn't speeding and drunk. I really didn't think that he planned to drink-drive and then die after that.
4. The racism in the issue is blown way outta proportion.
SUDDENLY every damn piece of news is about how PRC defending their own people. Fact, I don't like them as much as you do. But I have friends from China too, and they are very nice to hang out with. They are sympathetic towards the tragedy and some even commented to be ashamed to know he's from China. Come on man, we Singaporeans can do better than this. Just because of a group of them, which I assumed are intellectually challenged, we are tryina get the whole lot of them outta the country. I'm not speaking up for them, and trust me, I'll probably be one of the last few to speak up for them. Think about it, why stoop to their level and use the lack of common sense against stupidity?
5. A loss is a loss.
Be it the cab driver, the innocent passenger, or even Ma Chi himself. I believe all of their families couldn't accept the fact regardless. The tabloids had too much spotlight on the rich man, it's obvious. Singaporeans highlighted that there wasn't enough coverage on the cab driver and his passenger, which is true too. Now, how about we all put the hatred towards the F.car driver aside, and really think it through. Why are we so angry about him? He caused the tragedy yes. What really triggered the angst was the tabloids, and the way he was defended by his people/family. The most ridiculous thing I've read was that his family asked Singaporeans to hold our vicious tongue against speaking ill of him. True, we are angry. Me too, I'm furious. I personally know of some cab drivers, the man who raised me up is one himself. I really couldn't help it to think of what would I do if it happened to my close ones. Whoever the person is, his/her family will always speak up for their own people. F.driver died in this accident too. I don't think the family is having an easy time accepting the fact either. Seeing all the hate posts probably makes it worse.
My take on this issue?
Let the families grief for their individual losses without the rest of Singapore commenting on it. It probably made things a lot more difficult. The 3 children of the cab driver, every post on facebook is gonna remind them. If we really wanna help their situation as Singaporeans, united as one. Make a direct donation to them. There's no point helping them scold all the PRC in the country to 'vent the anger', it really isn't gonna help. I believe they already know they've got Singapore behind their backs. Right now, financial support is very much appreciated for them I believe. Every little bit counts, let's do it. If we wanna help, at least do it in a way they will directly benefit from it.
If you feel sincerely, terribly offended by my posts. I'm sorry.
Just felt that we should know who to be angry at, at least.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment