Question: What was your childhood dream? Share how your experiences in RP have affected your dream.
When I was just a little girl, my first dream was to become someone famous. I would have monologues with myself in the bathroom, in my bedroom, in fact, everywhere. I was silly enough to practice my signature, to perfect them in case there are random fans running up to me.
However, as I grew up, I came to realize that not everyone has a chance to make it on a big silver screen. My hopes to be a model, a singer, an actress or even a host, all dashed. We all grow up in a system that taught us, ‘Education is Everything.’ It was instilled in us, the higher you go in the education system, the more ‘useful’ you are to the society.
From there, I got to know people of the same love. Slowly, with each performance and every show I do. I rediscover my inner child; the younger me that enjoyed being watched, that enjoyed the attention, that enjoyed being on stage. I feel that, this part of RP taught me how to feel again, how to listen to myself and go for what I believe in.
My question back to them: ‘What is life?’ People who preach about Life, who are they really? Who is really qualified to talk about Life? How many of us have really lived our lives to the fullest? Have they experienced enough to teach us NOT to pursue our dreams and follow what we stood strongly for?
I just hope that I won’t be like the other 3.5million people in my own country, too caught up in a never ending rat race to really slow down and enjoy what they known as ‘Life’. Being in RP, I learnt how being different proved to have an edge over other people. Working smart definitely pays more than working hard. The desire to shine is burning more strongly than ever. And this time, I really know what I wanted, to dance.
Even if it failed on me, I will finally realize that it’s not my route to take, and that I had tried my best to achieve my dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment