Friday, March 21, 2008

Growing Up.

These days, all of d sudden, I began mixing around with my secondary school friends again. Lookin' back at d good ol' days. Holy fuck, we, indeed have aged MATURED. And no friends, this is not a joke. =) In my secondary school days, I have a few bunches (sounding like they're monkeys) of good friends. Recently with all the night shifts, I had been meeting up with Samuel, and Daryl & G for yesterday.

Maybe it's just me, but talking to them, or Sam rather ('cause Daryl & G are talking bout potatoes -.-') , intrigued me to think more about my future. Or maybe it was the words that the Indian uncle beside him said. In Singapore, we really can't survive without bucks, without strings attached. Everything and almost anything comes with a price-tag on it! Some part in our conversation;

Sam: So, what do you plan for your future?
JoLove: I dont know. Marry a rich man?
Sam: Dont know? That's it!?
-At this point, even before I can continue about my future, the Indian uncle beside me started to cut into our conversation and keeps on saying that Sam has a point bout what he says and that he's a good catch (I supposed) and all. In order to shut d uncle up, I claimed that Sam's my lil bro, and the uncle went even in depth. Uh fuck, next time we should choose a table where there's nobody beside us!-

Even thought I hate to admit, even Samuel, the angry kid had thought for his future, and is pretty clear about what he wants in life. And me? Going to school for the sake of gaining the stupid piece of cert which cost thousands of bucks. What do I say? Time passes by too quickly for us to still enjoy and sit back, laughing at each other sucking thumb.

We just cannot stay within our comfort zone, in life, taking risks is almost necessary.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Just this morning, I accompanied a girlfriend to the doctor, throughout the journey, I learnt that some people whom Ive not been meeting up, had changed. Changed so much that I dont even recognize their actions anymore. Actually, not so much about the conversation. It's the person that she's talking about, led me to think bout other people. Years back, and right now. same person, totally different character & attitude.

When I got back, Celine talked to me online. Sis, though it's only for this short 15mins, I thank you for caring and for your words and encouragements. =) And again, it's just as though I've only known her yesterday, but it's been like, 5years? Wow.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

I met up with my sec 2 mates for dinner. Fuck, I think d one who changed most among d closest girlfriends I have would be me. Suddenly, Im speaking all proper English and talking about my plans in life. Suddenly, I start talking bout how ugly this fucking world is and how bucks really makes things works. And fuck, Im becoming one superficial bitch.

I need to take time off to rest my stressed up mind. Of course, the upcoming Style Groovaz/Methodz chalet over d weekend would be a great excuse for me to just let loose and have fun.

Some people just wished that they will never grow up. =)

No comments: